Frequently Asked Questions
- What is QuickBooks Enterprise?
- What type of company should use QuickBooks Enterprise?
- I only need a few users today. What if I need more users later?
- How hard is it to learn to use QuickBooks Enterprise?
- How can I get more information about QuickBooks Enterprise?
- Where do I go for technical support or if I have a problem using the product?
- What are the system requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise?
- As an IT professional, I’m concerned about performance, stability and database connectivity. How does QuickBooks Enterprise measure up?
- Can I use my current QuickBooks data with QuickBooks Enterprise?
- I’m not currently using QuickBooks. How do I migrate my data to QuickBooks Enterprise?
- What if I change my mind - what is your return policy?
- Can my accountant still manage my files if I’m using QuickBooks Enterprise?
- Is QuickBooks Enterprise available in industry-specific versions?
FAQs for free evaluation software
What is QuickBooks Enterprise?
QuickBooks Enterprise is the most flexible QuickBooks product, designed for businesses who are managing more complexity, typically with multiple users or locations, inventory-intensive workflows, large list sizes or transactions, or sophisticated reporting requirements. It has the flexibility to meet your business's unique needs for thousands less than other, more complex accounting systems.
Your QuickBooks Enterprise subscription includes all the features of QuickBooks Pro and Premier editions, plus:
- More customizable reporting tools, including new Advanced Reporting1, our most powerful reporting tool yet.
- A whole new level of user controls
- The capacity to track hundreds of thousands of inventory items, customers and vendors2, more than 6 times the capacity of other QuickBooks products. Consolidated reporting from multiple locations or company files.3
- Sophisticated inventory and pricing capabilities
- Benefits of the Full Service Plan4, which gives you US-Based customer support5, product upgrades6, online backup7, data recovery8, access to EverythingEnterprise, our member website and training tools.9 You may also qualify for preferred rates on QuickBooks Payments10 with your subscription.
What type of company should use QuickBooks Enterprise?
QuickBooks Enterprise is ideal for businesses managing more complexity:
- You're currently using QuickBooks Pro or Premier, and you need more flexibility, to get more done, more quickly.
- You need to add more customer, product and vendor information than QuickBooks Pro or Premier allows.
- You have employees in specialized roles and functions.
- You have multiple locations that you need to track and manage.
- You're looking for an alternative to accounting and business management solutions that cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- You manage inventory as a core part of your business.
- You want to more efficiently manage your pricing.
- You want access to all of your QuickBooks data to build any report you need.11
I only need a few users today. What if I need more users later?
As your business needs change, QuickBooks Enterprise lets you easily add more users (up to a maximum of 30 users) so you can increase the number of people simultaneously accessing your QuickBooks company data file. QuickBooks Enterprise is available in 1-10 user, and 30-user licenses. You can add users up to a 10-user license. If you currently have 10 users, you can upgrade to a 30-user license. For more information about adding more users, please call (866) 379-6635. A QuickBooks representative will assist you with updating and activating the additional licenses. You don't have to wait to receive new software CDs in the mail, so your additional users can begin using the software right away.
I currently use QuickBooks Pro or Premier - How hard is it to learn to use QuickBooks Enterprise?
One of the best things about QuickBooks Enterprise is that it looks and works very much like the QuickBooks software you're already using, so your staff will feel comfortable with it right from the start. There's no steep learning curve, which means your employees can get up to speed quickly. Plus, we provide in-depth training for beginner and intermediate users to help you and your staff quickly master the new features. 87% of former QuickBooks Pro or Premier customers agree that QuickBooks Enterprise is just as easy to use as Pro or Premier.12
I’ve never used QuickBooks before - How hard is it to learn to use QuickBooks Enterprise?
Customers tell us all the time how easy it is for them to learn to use QuickBooks Enterprise. Plus, we offer online training for beginner and intermediate users to help get you and your staff up and running quickly.
How can I get more information about QuickBooks Enterprise?
Call (866) 379-6635 to speak to a QuickBooks Enterprise sales representative who can answer your questions and provide you with any additional product information you may need.
Where do I go for technical support or if I have a problem using the product?
Your subscription to QuickBooks Enterprise includes membership to the Full Service Plan, entitling you to all of the Plan's benefits.4 With the Full Service Plan, you get exclusive access to our U.S.-based team of experts5 with deep QuickBooks technical and product knowledge. Our team of dedicated experts are thoroughly trained in QuickBooks Enterprise to provide support during or after installation, answer your technical questions, or help troubleshoot. They can also help you get the most out of QuickBooks Enterprise by helping you tailor it to fit your business needs. Learn more.
What are the system requirements for QuickBooks Enterprise?
Detailed minimum and recommended system requirements are provided on the "Technical" tab of the QuickBooks Enterprise product page. For additional information, please call (866) 379-6635.
As an IT professional, I'm concerned about performance, stability and database connectivity. How does QuickBooks Enterprise measure up?
To maximize multiple user productivity, QuickBooks Enterprise multi-user mode is optimized for Microsoft© Windows 2008 Server and later client-server networks. You also now have the option of hosting your database server on a Linux operating system. QuickBooks Enterprise is also Remote Desktop Services compliant.13 You can centrally locate QuickBooks Enterprise on a single server and provide access to your multiple users via the LAN or WAN for remote locations. As a result, you don't have to install QuickBooks Enterprise on each user's PC and you can maximize performance over lower bandwidth connections.
QuickBooks Enterprise has a powerful industry-standard SQL database to deliver the best performance for the application. QuickBooks Solutions Developer's Kit (SDK) provides APIs to developers and consultants to easily share (import and export) data from QuickBooks Enterprise. This allows selected sales, customer or financial data to automatically move between software products and prevents data from being corrupted in the sharing process. A free copy of SDK can be downloaded from http://developer.intuit.com. Over 200 business applications (sold separately) integrate with QuickBooks using the SDK.14 We've also assembled a directory of professional software developers who can design, build and implement custom solutions that integrate with QuickBooks.
Can I use my current QuickBooks data with QuickBooks Enterprise?
Yes, transferring data is fast and easy - just like upgrading from QuickBooks Pro to Premier. All your information, report templates and permissions transfer along with your data. For more information visit our Upgrading QuickBooks page.
I'm not currently using QuickBooks. How do I migrate my data to QuickBooks Enterprise?
If you're using another financial software product, and you'd like to import information from that product into QuickBooks, you can do so if that product allows you to export to a spreadsheet or text file. You can import lists that correspond to QuickBooks lists, budgets, and individual transactions. For more information visit here.
Additionally, QuickBooks Enterprise customers can get assistance with data conversion from Intuit's Support Team or from a local Intuit Premier Reseller.3
What if I change my mind - what is your return policy?
We stand behind QuickBooks Enterprise with a money-back satisfaction guarantee. If you're not satisfied, return it to Intuit within 60 days along with a dated receipt for a refund on your purchase price. That means you can try it with no risk whatsoever.
Can my accountant still manage my files if I’m using QuickBooks Enterprise?
We've created QuickBooks Enterprise Accountant to help accountants support their clients who use QuickBooks Enterprise. Call (866) 379-6635 for more details.
Is QuickBooks Enterprise available in industry-specific editions?
Yes, QuickBooks Enterprise is available in the following industry-specific editions:
- Manufacturing / Wholesale
- Field Services
- Professional Services
- Accounting Professional
Each of these industry-specific editions has the same key features as the standard edition of QuickBooks Enterprise, plus additional reports and tools such as charts of accounts and menu items tailored to your business type.15 Learn more.