Frequently Asked Questions
- What is QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions?
- What type of company should use Enterprise Solutions?
- I only need a few users today. What if I need more users later?
- How hard is it to learn to use Enterprise Solutions?
- How can I get more information about Enterprise Solutions?
- Where do I go for technical support or if I have a problem using the product?
- What are the system requirements for Enterprise Solutions?
- As an IT professional, I’m concerned about performance, stability and database connectivity. How does Enterprise Solutions measure up?
- Can I use my current QuickBooks data with Enterprise Solutions?
- I’m not currently using QuickBooks. How do I migrate my data to Enterprise Solutions?
- What if I change my mind - what is your return policy?
- Can my accountant still manage my files if I’m using Enterprise Solutions?
- Is Enterprise Solutions available in industry-specific versions?
What is QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions?
Enterprise Solutions is the most flexible QuickBooks product, designed for businesses who are managing more complexity, typically with multiple users or locations, inventory-intensive workflows or large list sizes or transactions. It has the flexibility to meet your business's unique needs for thousands less than other, more complex accounting systems.
It includes all the features of QuickBooks Pro and Premier editions, plus:
- More customizable reporting tools
- A whole new level of user controls
- The capacity to track hundreds of thousands of inventory items, customers and vendors1, more than 6 times the capacity of other QuickBooks products. Consolidated reporting from multiple locations or company files.2
- Sophisticated inventory and pricing capabilities
- A one year membership to the Full Service Plan, which gives you unlimited support, complimentary upgrades, online backup, data protection, and training materials.3
What type of company should use Enterprise Solutions?
Enterprise Solutions is ideal for businesses managing more complexity:
- You're currently using QuickBooks Pro or Premier, and you need more flexibility, to get more done, more quickly.
- You need to add more customer, product and vendor information than QuickBooks Pro or Premier allows.
- You have employees in specialized roles and functions.
- You have multiple locations that you need to track and manage.
- You're looking for an alternative to accounting and business management solutions that cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- You manage inventory as a core part of your business.
- You want to more efficiently manage your pricing.
I only need a few users today. What if I need more users later?
As your business needs change, Enterprise Solutions lets you easily add more users (up to a maximum of 30 users) so you can increase the number of people simultaneously accessing your QuickBooks company data file. Enterprise Solutions is available in 1-10 user user, and 30-user licenses. You can add users up to a 10-user license. If you currently have 10 users, you can upgrade to a 30-user license. For more information about adding more users, please call (866) 379-6635. A QuickBooks representative will assist you with updating and activating the additional licenses. You don't have to wait to receive new software CDs in the mail, so your additional users can begin using the software right away.
I currently use QuickBooks Pro or Premier - How hard is it to learn to use Enterprise Solutions?
One of the best things about Enterprise Solutions is that it looks and works very much like the QuickBooks software you're already using, so your staff will feel comfortable with it right from the start. There's no steep learning curve, which means your employees can get up to speed quickly. Plus, we provide in-depth training for beginner and intermediate users to help you and your staff quickly master the new features. 87% of former QuickBooks Pro or Premier customers agree that Enterprise Solutions is just as easy to use as Pro or Premier.4
I’ve never used QuickBooks before - How hard is it to learn to use Enterprise Solutions?
Customers tell us all the time how easy it is for them to learn to use Enterprise Solutions. Plus, we offer online training for beginner and intermediate users to help get you and your staff up and running quickly.
How can I get more information about Enterprise Solutions?
Call (866) 379-6635 to speak to a QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions sales representative who can answer your questions and provide you with any additional product information you may need.
Where do I go for technical support or if I have a problem using the product?
Your purchase of Enterprise Solutions entitles you to a one-year membership to our Full Service Plan.5 With the Full Service Plan, you get unlimited access to our team of support experts dedicated to QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions. You can call our technical experts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.3 Learn more.
You also get exclusive access to a US-based team of product experts with deep QuickBooks product knowledge who can help you take full advantage of its functionality. Our product experts are available 4 am 7 pm (PST) Monday Friday.
What are the system requirements for Enterprise Solutions?
Detailed minimum and recommended system requirements are provided on the "Technical" tab of the QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions product page. For additional information, please call (866) 379-6635.
As an IT professional, I'm concerned about performance, stability and database connectivity. How does Enterprise Solutions measure up?
To maximize multiple user productivity, Enterprise Solutions multi-user mode is optimized for Microsoft® Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, or Windows Vista client-server networks. You also now have the option of hosting your database server on a Linux operating system. Enterprise Solutions is also Remote Desktop Services compliant.6 You can centrally locate Enterprise Solutions on a single server and provide access to your multiple users via the LAN or WAN for remote locations. As a result, you don't have to install Enterprise Solutions on each user's PC and you can maximize performance over lower bandwidth connections.
This year, we've doubled our performance engineering investment to bring you performance updates and improvements throughout the year. Now, with version 14.0, you can get the reports you need 40% faster than ever before.7 We've also made updates to our search feature — find your data 60% faster than ever before with a boost in search speed.8
Enterprise Solutions has a powerful industry-standard SQL database to deliver the best performance for the application. QuickBooks Solutions Developer's Kit (SDK) provides APIs to developers and consultants to easily share (import and export) data from Enterprise Solutions. This allows selected sales, customer or financial data to automatically move between software products and prevents data from being corrupted in the sharing process. A free copy of SDK can be downloaded from http://developer.intuit.com. Over 200 business applications (sold separately) integrate with QuickBooks using the SDK.9 We've also assembled a directory of professional software developers who can design, build and implement custom solutions that integrate with QuickBooks.
Can I use my current QuickBooks data with Enterprise Solutions?
Yes, transferring data is fast and easy - just like upgrading from QuickBooks Pro to Premier. All your information, report templates and permissions transfer along with your data. For more information visit our Upgrading QuickBooks page.
I'm not currently using QuickBooks. How do I migrate my data to Enterprise Solutions?
If you're using another financial software product, and you'd like to import information from that product into QuickBooks, you can do so if that product allows you to export to a spreadsheet or text file. You can import lists that correspond to QuickBooks lists, budgets, and individual transactions. For more information visit here http://enterprisesuite.intuit.com/products/considering/.
Additionally, Enterprise Solutions customers can get assistance with data conversion from Intuit's Support Team or from a local Intuit Premier Reseller.3
What if I change my mind - what is your return policy?
We stand behind Enterprise Solutions with a money-back satisfaction guarantee. If you're not satisfied, return it to Intuit within 60 days along with a dated receipt for a refund on your purchase price. That means you can try it with no risk whatsoever.
Can my accountant still manage my files if I’m using Enterprise Solutions?
We've created QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Accountant to help accountants support their clients who use Enterprise Solutions. Call (866) 379-6635 for more details.
Is Enterprise Solutions available in industry-specific editions?
Yes, Enterprise Solutions is available in the following industry-specific editions:
- Manufacturing / Wholesale
- Field Services
- Professional Services
- Accounting Professional
Each of these industry-specific editions has the same key features as the standard edition of Enterprise Solutions, plus additional reports and tools such as charts of accounts and menu items tailored to your business type.10 Learn more.