Step 6: Create users and roles
Create users and roles
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise lets you apply user permissions to different activities by assigning distinct user-access levels including view-only, create, modify, delete and print. You can also restrict access to specific lists and report groups based on user roles.
Your QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise application also comes with many predefined roles, with preset access to certain activities, lists or reports. Examples include Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Banking, Sales and Payroll Manager. You can use any of the pre-defined roles, customize them to suit your needs or create your own. All users must be assigned a role.
To set up a role:
- Start QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Go to the Company menu, click Users and then click Set Up Users and Roles.
- Click the Role List tab and then click the New button.
- Enter the name of the role in the Role Name field or select an existing role.
- Assign access levels to the activities and click OK.
To set up a user:
- Click the User List tab and then click the New button.
- Enter the name of the user in the User Name field.
- Enter a password in the Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Assign roles to this user and then click OK.
Congratulations, you are done!
We've collected a variety of resources to help you to learn the basics of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.